|0046 73 408 45 00|
“Amateurs work until they get it right and professionals work until they can’t get it wrong because an amateur does what he loves while a professional loves what he does.”
Expert on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence
Promoted to MVP since 2009. There are less than 300 people worldwide with this recognition within SQL Server/Business Intelligence. Three-time winner of Phil Factor Speed Phreak, an international competition in performance tuning.
- Organizer of annual Swedish T-SQL Championship and member of board for SQLUG, Swedish user group for SQL Server and Business Intelligence and the largest user group outside US.
- Frequent speaker on conferences and an experienced instructor. Peter has produced about 20 courses in programming/SQL Server design and development.
- Co-author to MVP Deep Dives Volume 2 and technical reviewer of RedGate’s ”Team Based Development”. Have written articles for RedGate such as ”How to think like a professional developer”. Technical reviewer of Microsoft Exam 70-462.
Peter is perceived as thorough, structured and analytic. Peter also have a strong pedagogic side. He is driving and delivers the optimal solution for the customer, according to the agreed timeline.
His strength is the ability to see solutions where others have given up.
Senior consultant & teacher and Mentor, 2011 – ongoing
Working with a number of [international] customers such as If, Region Skåne, HomeEnter och a nordic bank as a mentor, database expert and developer. He has also worked with Lindab, CDON, DA, FDC, DSV, Sony Ericsson, Strusoft and Software Point with eliminating deadlocks and locks, enhancing data flow for the applications and at the same time allowing for multiple simultaneous users.
Mentor and senior architect and senior developer in multiple critical projects, with focus on performance and maintenance simplicity.
Chief database architect & main responsible internal Business Intelligence, 2009 – 2012
Homeenter is a company within Bonniers who operates the largest loyalty club in the Nordic countries regarding entertainment (film, music, game). Peter was main responsible of the design and schema for their Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions. Operational data was captured from 4 core business systems and 7 production systems including up to 30 years of customer history.
Senior database architect & administrator, 2008 – 2009
Developer for several customer databases, including Åhléns, Kicks, Svensk Bilmärkning, SJ, Intersport, Retail’N’Brands, JC, Sisters, Brothers and others. Developed new algorithms and ran classes for SQL Server 2008. Designed and built Business Intelligence-solutions.
Senior consultant, 2005 – 2008
Did review and wrote performance optimizations for H&M, resulting in over 100% faster execution times and reducing use of local resources with 75%. Wrote and held internal classes for other consultants. Did benchmark testing, unit testing and migrering tests prior upgrading to SQL Server 2005. Other Assignments inlcudes EON, Watski, FL Snus, Lindab and Alfa Laval.
Database administrator and senior system developer, 1999 – 2005
Architect and developer for a new CRM system and databases for over 540 users in Sverige, Finland and Norge. Developed algorithms with Bankgiro and Svenska Försäkringsföreningen. Also wrote web front-end applications from.
Systems developer, 1998 – 1999
Software company known for economy and accounting systems. Developed several critical algorithms for tax calculation.
Senior consultant, 1993 – 1998
Developed applications in both Visual Basic and MS Office as well as SQL Server for ASG, Fiat, NTS, ERT, STS and PNO.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- SQL Server 2016 MCSE
- SQL Server 2016 MCSA
- Malmö University / Lund University, The School of Teacher Education – 1992
- Mathematic and Physics including programming classes. Major in pedagogy.
- Kimball Dimensional Modelling
- Bill Inmon Data Warehouse architecture
- .NET Framework / SQLCLR
- SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services
- SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services